‘Godzilla Minus One Review: The Best Godzilla Movie In Years

‘Godzilla Minus One Review: The Best Godzilla Movie In Years

Have you heard about the new Godzilla movie, Godzilla Minus One? If the answer is "no", I don't blame you.

I heard about the movie a few days ago and I make my living as a reporter on movies and TV shows. I was confused at first. There's usually a big marketing push for the next mediocre, star-studded monster movie. But it had a 97% freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes and I hadn't even seen a trailer or a movie poster yet.

That's mainly because it's not a "Monsterverse" movie. This is a low budget Japanese movie and the best Godzilla movie I have ever seen. It's a bit more individual than any Godzilla movie ever made, but as far as I'm concerned, it blows all the others out of the water, something our heroes will struggle to do with the titular monster.

godzilla vs. Kong cost between $155 and $200 million. The next Godzilla vs. Kong: The new government will cost more than $200 million. Godzilla Minus One had a $15 million budget and I still don't know how they got that. The CGI is fantastic and the title monster is scary and terrifying. Nothing about this film feels low budget.

This is especially true of the plot as it adds a very important human element to the story. In many ways it is a WWII character drama. During the final days of the Pacific War and the years that followed, Japan was rebuilding after the atomic bombs.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url