A Horror Fan Reviews Five Nights At Freddys

A Horror Fan Reviews Five Nights At Freddys

Last weekend I watched Five Nights at Freddy's , an adaptation of Scott Braden's Cawthon horror game franchise. I came to the theater with no knowledge of the franchise. a reality that comes from the fact that I've never played these games. However, just because I'm not a fan of the source material doesn't dampen my motivation to make it.

The film is produced by Blumhouse, a company that I consider reputable, based on films such as Happy Death Day (2017), Ma (2019), Get Out (2017), Black Phone (2021) and " MEGAN " (2022) ). As a movie buff, I'm always on the lookout for promising trailers, and the mention of Blumhouse at the beginning of the teaser raised my expectations tenfold. I think this movie has the potential to get an adrenaline rush during your Sunday night routine.

As a huge fan of the Hunger Games saga , I also saw Peeta Mellark, played by Josh Hutcherson, in another adaptation of the cult series. Other famous names I saw there were Matthew Lillard, Guinevere and Elizabeth Leal, which makes me want to see this movie even more; I know the acting will not disappoint.

The rest of the movie is pretty good. While I liked some things, this movie fell far short of my expectations. I ignored the PG-13 rating and assumed the movie was still scary. If I had to describe Five Nights at Freddy's in a few words, it would be "children's horror". I expected more from the animatronics; their concept is bad without any script. The lack of suspense undermined my concern for the main character's continued well-being—I attribute that to the plot design, as most scenes were devoted to eliminating the animatronic threat before those concerns dissipated. .

A few days after seeing the movie, my roommate and I decided to play the first game of Five Nights at Freddy's (2014), and I can say that I was more nervous just watching my friends play than I would have been for a bigger budget. game. the movie is something that definitely ties into the game's first-person perspective. I hope they incorporate that and other analog horror elements into this movie. The idea of ​​animatronics moving at night has become a disturbing phenomenon and makes society full of uncertainty. Playing with the aesthetics of vintage cameras, the awe and paradoxical strangeness of the buildings that evoke childhood nostalgia added to my awe.

While I liked the plot, which took a few twists towards the end, the pacing was a bit lackluster. Some events feel slow and redundant in the middle, making much of the story feel rushed towards the end. I wish the movie had focused more on exploring and explaining the ramifications of the twists and turns, many of which don't make sense today. While a sequel would provide a solution to this problem, a film, even if it's a trilogy, shouldn't rely on its successor.

On the other hand, I like the set designs and animatronics, which are very detailed and well done. I expected to leave the theater with a newfound fear of the robot performers, but all I could think about was the charm of the animatronics. They stole the show for me, even though I wish there was more in the movie. I also liked the relationship between the main character and his little sister. Their interactions were full of intimate and funny moments, making me feel content even in the slowest parts. This movie turned out to be very funny, to the point where it would be more appropriate to call it a comedy. I was expecting horror that would make me jump at the thought of meeting a possessed robot, but instead I was treated to a more comedic and lighthearted tone as the drama unfolded around a man fighting a custody battle while being employed as a night watchman.

It's not a horror movie, but it's still fun because it's clearly made with heart. I was not happy with the lack of use of animatronics and scares in the film. Making a funny, heartfelt and scary movie takes a lot of work. The work of Five Nights at Freddy's does not contribute to this and unfortunately it would have been better to show a balance between these three elements.

That said, if you're looking for something beautiful and visually appealing, this movie will satisfy you. If you want horror, I suggest you look elsewhere. All in all, have the right expectations and you will enjoy Five Nights at Freddy's.

Five Nights at Freddy's Review.

Donate Thankyou.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url