Kevin Smith Reviews Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, "What A Beautiful Movie"

Kevin Smith Reviews Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,

Still on the road for the Clerks III tour, director and fan Kevin Smith has taken to the internet to share his thoughts on Marvel Studios' latest installment, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever . Speaking on his latest podcast, FatMan Beyond , Smith was candid about the movie (especially how many times he cried) and that the movie that lived up to fans' expectations was definitely the best. Smith quickly contacted Letitia Wright to share her thoughts on the film, saying she deserved an Academy Award nomination for her performance in the sequel. spoilers in the future .

“I was crying from the first scene, and when they turned it into the Marvel logo, it was like, 'Come on... it was a sentimental romance,'" Smith said. Marvel or not, how can you not feel the emotions of this movie. The man left. They had a choice, they could make two different movies... You could set someone new to be Black Panther and just say a sequel to Black Panther, just like different James Bonds, different Batman, different Spider-Man, or do something that looks like a tribute to the person who played the person. part".

He continued, "So in a world where they lose their biggest star and can't do what they originally set out to do, unless they hire someone else to play Black Panther, I understand their choice. I know that's not what everyone's thinking when they say 'we're going to see a Marvel movie.'" A lot of it was slow, about pain and acceptance and stuff like that. They tried to follow it up with some action sequences, but they tried to do something different and unexpected and I applaud that 100%... In a world where you can make completely different choices and just think, well, let's We keep making the movie that is, I think they've done what they've done, something special. It's like waking up to $200 million."

Of course, Smith was referring to the film's emotional scene, where it's revealed that T'Challa had a son named after his father before he died, and it appears that when he's old enough, he'll succeed his father as King of Wakanda and the Black Panther. Smith added:

"For my money, you're missing out on the best part of the movie. You could just shoot that scene and charge me twice to see it and it was a movie and then all the credits would roll without even the credits in between. The scene, and I'd be happy with it. It was really cool. As a writer, I was embarrassed that I didn't expect it," But as a member of the audience, I was in awe of this scene.”

Smith's public admission that he cried a lot during the Marvel movie prompted someone watching the live stream to add, "What part of the movie did I cry?" to reply:

"At first I cried when he died off screen, and I was so moved by Letitia Wright's performance. Seeing and dealing with someone so broken-hearted. I'm very understanding, so when someone cries, I cry. I cry with them. The rest of the movie isn't much, until the last scene where you're on the beach. Who It's hard not to get emotional when they show his flashbacks, Chadwick. And then her perfect little performance, the sun lighting up her face, that smile that comes with acceptance... She definitely blew me away, so when it came to the credits scene, I had tears in my eyes."

The director also shared his final thoughts, noting that while this isn't the sequel we were expecting four years ago, it's exactly what moviegoers have always wanted.

Was it perfect? When we first saw Black Panther, were we planning on getting a Black Panther 2 ? No, but what a great movie about loss and abandonment. Weapons if the studios don't."

Kevin Feige on the Black Panther Wakanda Forever red carpet

Donate Thankyou.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url