Kumail Nanjiani Reveals He Sought Counseling After Negative Reviews Of ‘Eternals

Kumail Nanjiani Reveals He Sought Counseling After Negative Reviews Of ‘Eternals

[source]

Kumail Nanjiani recently opened up about how he was affected by the negative reviews of Marvel's Eternals, explaining that he was traumatized by the experience and needs counseling.

High expectations: Speaking to host Michael Rosenbaum on the Inside of You podcast, which was uploaded to YouTube on Tuesday, Nanjiani shared that Marvel initially thought that Eternals, directed by Oscar-winning director Chloe Zhao, "was actually will be better. yes.” Very well reviewed.

That idea convinced Marvel to lift the ban early and send the cast on a world tour to promote the film, Nanjiani told the Smallville alumni.

NextShark Trends: Ukraine-born Miss Japan 2024 relinquishes title after cheating reports

The reviews will come: The Ghostbusters: Afterlife actor noted that he was well aware of the negative reviews for Eternals while the cast was on tour, saying, “I read every review. my mind."

Noting that the timing came shortly after stay-at-home orders were lifted due to Covid-19, Nanjiani explained: "So we're getting to this crazy thing... it's escalating."

NextShark Trends: Nike to release Air Force 1 "Year Of The Dragon" in China

Released on November 5, 2021, Eternals holds a 47% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, making it one of the worst-rated Marvel movies on the review aggregator site.

'Unfair': Nanjiani noted that the experience was "very difficult" and realized at the time: "It's not fair to me. It's not fair to Emily [Gordon, his wife]. I can't approach my work like that anymore. Something needs to be changed."

Nanjiani said he had to undergo counseling after the experience, and he still talks to his therapist about it. "Emily said I was hurt by it," he added.

On NextShark: Scientists describe new species of jellyfish with red 'cross' and 240 tentacles

What he learned: After his experience with The Marvels, Nanjiani realized he "couldn't rely on my work anymore" "[because] I couldn't control it. I could control my experience, how I treated the people around me me and what I learned' and how I acted. I can't control what people think about it."

Download the NextShark app:

Want to keep up with the latest Asian American news? Download the NextShark app today!

Kumail Nanjiani calls the bad reviews of Eternals "shocking".

Donate Thankyou.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url