The Creator Movie Review

The Creator Movie Review

Julio : Hello, my name is Julio.

Emmanuel : Hello, my name is Emmanuel.

Julio: And here's a review of the creator's new movie from 20th Century Studios.

Emmanuelle : It stars John David Washington as Joshua Taylor, Gemma Chan as Maya Taylor, and Madeleine Yuna Voyles in her film debut in Alpha-O, also known as "Alfie." In the year In 2055, Los Angeles, California is blown up by an artificial intelligence created by the US government. A nuclear bomb on the city triggers an all-out war between the United States and its allies against the AI.

Julio : Their efforts are met with resistance from New Asia, a haven for the AI ​​and the humans who still accept it. 15 years later, the main character, Josh, travels to New Asia to retrieve a weapon designed to end the war. In time, it is revealed that the child has the power to control electrical currents to activate the device itself or disable it completely. .

Emanuel : However, the trailer of the movie gives the first impression that this movie is going to be another movie about a faulty artificial intelligence that tries to destroy humanity, leading to a war between man and machine. But, this is not the case, the film dives into a deeper plot with more twists than initially expected.

Julio: Investigating human nature and what needs to be seen. Because the artificial intelligence of this universe does not necessarily share the desire or instinct to kill the human race.

Emmanuel : Because if you think about it, AI robots are only programmed to help us in our daily lives. They are interested in protecting life, their environment and indeed their livelihood.

Julio : It's a big change a few months into the film's story.

Emmanuel : It was a war.

Julio : Yes, the war was human error, which means the entire 15-year war between humans and AI is bullshit. It's all free.

Emmanuel : I really liked it, I really liked the world created in the movie, I felt like I was watching a James Cameron movie like Avatar. I also like how they bring up this idea of ​​heaven and how Josh can't go to heaven because of all the bad things he's done, but he finally succeeds in going through the redemption arc. Alfie uses a copy of her brain to find Maya, and for some it is believed that she can find her dead relatives in Heaven, which somehow means that Josh can get to Heaven.

Julio : I have to admit that I thought the world was very good before it was built. One of the things I have to admit is that this is one of the things that I found very interesting because I'm not familiar with a lot of sci-fi movies and stuff like that.

I thought it was really interesting that they could choose whether to build replicants in this world because it was at the point in the middle of the movie where people were trying to get away from the military and stuff. Humans can choose to reproduce themselves. We see it a few times, like some women who look like May on the train and it's just rubbish. I thought it was really cool.

And I thought the human feeling is so cool, even scary, when he can bring someone back to life, if you're like a piece, whatever, for a few minutes, you have heaven or hell and you're the only one , It's disgusting. I thought it was really cool. But as for the plot, I will admit that some parts of the movie felt a little predictable and a little obvious.

Emanuel: Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll be getting a sequel, but as you know, the movie only had an $80 million budget and it did surprisingly well in terms of visuals, but grossed $79 million overall. I believe. At the checkout.

Julio : It's about 80 million, and actually it's a shame because I think it's a good movie even if I don't like some parts, you know, with the graphics, the story. Like you said, annoying. It exploded, went black and then came back and things like that.

I thought it was really cool. As we all know, it's unfortunate that this film came out in the middle of the strike and it was clearly under no pressure to make it. These robot multipliers only had MLB games. It's too bad because honestly, I need a sequel.

Some interesting facts about the film: When the trailer was released in July 2018, it was revealed that a photo of the explosion in Beirut in 2020 was used, which was clearly not used as footage, but as visual material. plate

Emmanuel: My name is Emmanuel Guadarama.

Julio: My name is Julio Rodriguez and this is our creative review, we hope to see you next time. Hello.

Story continues below advertisement

creator | Film critic

Donate Thankyou.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url