From Subtitles To Indies: Darcy Paquet Captures The Best Of Korean Cinema

From Subtitles To Indies: Darcy Paquet Captures The Best Of Korean Cinema

in the year

Puckett, who grew up in Massachusetts, said, “The movies I've seen have been better than I expected. “And yet I would go on the Internet and look for information, and there would be nothing in English. So I decided to make a site about Korean cinema, better than nothing.

Launched in 1999, Koreanfilm.org is so "better than nothing" that it has become a source of useful movie news in English for moviegoers around the world. The site became the hallmark of Puckett's journalism career, providing Korean cinema coverage for publications such as Cine24 and eventually translating subtitles for award-winning Korean films such as Bong Joon-ho and Hirokazu Korea's Parasite . Or a broker.

"I got lucky with the timing," Puckett said. “I started writing about Korean cinema when Korean cinema reached the whole world. It was a time when the world had a great thirst for knowledge about Korean cinema, and few could impart this knowledge.

Paquet began his career as a translator, editing English translations and occasionally translating with a Korean friend. "Ten years ago, I felt my Korean was at the same level as when I was drawing my first drawing," he said. And even today many people appreciate my work.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url